Moore Scores in Army victory, Cummings scores two in town derby

Defence Force winning streak continued following a clinical 3-0 against the lowly spotted Moruga FC on Saturday at the Arima Velodrome in Round Ten action of the Ascension Football Tournament.

It took 18 minutes for Army to break the deadlock when defender Jamali Garcia leapt over his defenders to header his third goal of the season from a pinpointed Hashim Arcia`s right-sided corner. The powerful strike was in the back of the net before Moruga`s goalkeeper Miles Goodman can react.

Reon Moore marked his return from injury with a goal in the 41st minute. Midfielder Kevon Goddard picked out Moore with a pass and he trapped and volleyed home past a diving Goodman for the 2-0 lead.

Shaquille Holder tapped in the third and final goal of the match in 90+4th minute which was virtually the last kick of the encounter. The victory means that Army stay level on top the table with Terminix La Horquetta Rangers on 26 points.

Keron “Ballpest” Cummings scored a brace for Real West Fort as they edged out AC Port of Spain 3-2 in a “Town Derby” thriller.

AC POS got the go-ahead goal from an Akiel Thomas own goal in the sixth minute of play. They thought that they were going into halftime with the lead, but Gary Griffith III was brought down in the box and was awarded a penalty. Skipper Cummings tucked away the penalty straight down the center beating goalie Jadel Poon- Lewis for the 1-1 score-line.

Former national youth player Josimar Belgrave gave West Fort the 2-1 lead three minutes after the resumption with a smooth classy finish. Belgrave then turned provider as he laid off a pass for Cummings who calmly finished in front of goal in the 64th minute.

Che Benny gave AC POS a fighting chance cutting the deficit to 3-2 with a superbly taken free kick up and over a wall of six defenders on the edge of the box. Despite a commendable effort from AC POS in the last few minutes of the match it ended 3-2 in favour of West Fort.